A Doula CAN:
- help you educate yourself about your childbirth options
- help you create a birth plan
- help you create a post partum plan
- provide physical and emotional support during labor
- help you make certain you understand suggested procedures and interventions during birth.
- help you process your child’s birth after the fact, by providing an ear, a shoulder, and a birth story.
A Doula WON’T:
- provide medical care
- do vaginal exams
- make your choices for you
- give medical advice
- take the place of your partner or spouse